I've often heard children say, "There's nothing to do today". I beg to differ. I'd like to inspire you to do something. Anything. Read. Bake. Hike. Fish. Plant. Sail. Climb. Play. Reach. Move. Laugh. Dream; and take time to sit with me on The Old Granite Step.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

1970 Yachting

Yet another wonderful tag sale find....two binders full of fabulous old Yachting Magazine!  As much as I would love to share every page with you, I had to pick and choose.  I hope you enjoy the sampling of this yachting history.
These colors were definitely in style during the 70's.
You can find current models here.
Cuthbertson and Cassian
Now that's a fabric from the 70's!
Find the Hinckley experience here.
You can find a wonderful article about Pearson history at Good Old Boat.

Perhaps you have one of these fine instruments.
Unfortunately production ended in the 1990's.
When I was a teenager on the beach, everyone wanted a Hobie Cat.
Many interesting articles.
We haven't had our sailboat for years but something tells me we still have the bottom paint in the basement!
Elegant?
I'm not sure I'd want to leave this at the dock while sailing!
Wow.  What can I say?  Classic 1970.
Beautiful.  I wish this ad were in color.
I have always found a sailboat schematic fascinating.
Sir Thomas Lipton; yachtsman.
Learn navigation at home? 
Is the Dorothy G. yours now?
Nice idea but I'm not sure I'd plug it in today!
The Coronado line was produced until 1974.


No comments:

Post a Comment