I've often heard children say, "There's nothing to do today". I beg to differ. I'd like to inspire you to do something. Anything. Read. Bake. Hike. Fish. Plant. Sail. Climb. Play. Reach. Move. Laugh. Dream; and take time to sit with me on The Old Granite Step.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

An old fridge and a field of wildflowers.

The Dump is a delicate description of where we go on Saturday mornings to take our trash.  Although we "dump" our trash here, I prefer "transfer station".  This particular transfer station is on the coast of Maine and as we drove in last week, this lonely refrigerator stood out calling for attention.  For safety reasons the door had been removed but that removal exposed a gorgeous shade of aqua that I wish embellished my refrigerator at home!  Sitting among the wildflowers of various shades of purples, yellows and whites, it seemed like some sort of magical sculpture; part of the simple yet beautiful landscape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment