I've often heard children say, "There's nothing to do today". I beg to differ. I'd like to inspire you to do something. Anything. Read. Bake. Hike. Fish. Plant. Sail. Climb. Play. Reach. Move. Laugh. Dream; and take time to sit with me on The Old Granite Step.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Prince Edward Island and the house made of glass!

 
I would highly recommend putting a visit to Prince Edward Island on your "to do" list.  While we tend to associate it with Anne of Green Gables, there's so much more to the island than the children's story that most of us are familiar with. 

The grass is greener than green!  Overall, the scenery is perfect....rocky cliffs overlook the ocean, fertile farmland is everywhere and the beaches are vast and beautiful.  There was a small blurb, in the travel information we received, about the Bottle House on PEI.  It caught our attention and we're glad it did; I've never seen anything like it before.
Perched not far from the shore, the bottle house was quiet on this October day.

I often think of this place when I'm taking the recyclables out to the barn.
Complete with a chapel, you can get married here!

The first bottle house on PEI was contructed in 1980.  A tavern was built in 1982 and the chapel in 1983.
The way the light comes through the glass is beautiful.



Would you have the patience to build this?
A spectacular location.



Nature framed by bottles.
Stunning and so unusual.



A truly unusual attraction that's not to be missed!


No comments:

Post a Comment