I've often heard children say, "There's nothing to do today". I beg to differ. I'd like to inspire you to do something. Anything. Read. Bake. Hike. Fish. Plant. Sail. Climb. Play. Reach. Move. Laugh. Dream; and take time to sit with me on The Old Granite Step.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Placing tinsel on our Christmas tree in 1969.

I'm not sure what struck me first when looking at this photo....the plaid skirts?  My blue tights?  My sisters' red knee socks with the decorative lace top?  The Hi-Fi?  The light bulbs that got so hot but were so much better than LED lights?  Or perhaps it's the tinsel that's not made anymore.  Such a classic 1969 Christmas.  I miss those days!

1 comment:

  1. My 1960s Christmases looked quite similar! I found some wonderful old unopened East German tinsel on Etsy a few years ago and bought half a dozen packages, and our Christmas trees have improved considerably. Merry Christmas, Michelle.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete