I've often heard children say, "There's nothing to do today". I beg to differ. I'd like to inspire you to do something. Anything. Read. Bake. Hike. Fish. Plant. Sail. Climb. Play. Reach. Move. Laugh. Dream; and take time to sit with me on The Old Granite Step.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

To savor milk from a glass bottle.

We should pay more attention to the little things in life.  The simple things. 

The cat lying in the sun.  The smell of fresh baked bread.  The first bulb emerging in the garden.  These are simple things that we often take for granted.  

Along these lines, I enjoy the taste of cold milk from a glass bottle.  There's nothing like it and while plastic milk jugs may be a convenience to some, the milk simply doesn't taste the same. 

Unfortunately, we don't have a milkman in our area.  Rural areas aren't often conducive to door to door delivery routes.  And although my milk box sits on the step awaiting a fresh delivery that won't happen anytime soon, we are lucky enough to be able to purchase local milk in glass bottles at a small store nearby.  Try it.  You won't regret the decision!
My milk box is holding up the old birdhouse.  Someday, it will hold milk again.

Support your local farmer and check to see if anyone sells milk in a glass bottle in your area!  Hmmm...I think this post warrants some oatmeal cookies; stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment