I've often heard children say, "There's nothing to do today". I beg to differ. I'd like to inspire you to do something. Anything. Read. Bake. Hike. Fish. Plant. Sail. Climb. Play. Reach. Move. Laugh. Dream; and take time to sit with me on The Old Granite Step.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Scrambled eggs and toast.

Scrambled eggs seem so

simple, but we rarely make them!  It seems as though we tend to gravitate towards omelettes or quiche instead.  I needed some egg shells for a project that I'll share with you next week so this was the perfect way to use the eggs.
Lightly coat a frying pan with a low fat non-stick spray.
 Beat 4 eggs and pour into pan.
 Stir!  If you like fluffier eggs, add 2 tablespoons of milk.
 Keep stirring.
We like to add a little cheese but all we had in the fridge was sliced American cheese.  It worked.  Once slice added to the eggs was perfect.
 Stir until the cheese melts into the egg mixture.
 While the eggs are cooking, slice up some fruit.
 I chose pumpernickel bread for toast, lightly buttered of course.
My husband chose wheat bread.  Either way, a delicious breakfast.  Don't forget the coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment