I've often heard children say, "There's nothing to do today". I beg to differ. I'd like to inspire you to do something. Anything. Read. Bake. Hike. Fish. Plant. Sail. Climb. Play. Reach. Move. Laugh. Dream; and take time to sit with me on The Old Granite Step.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Christmas hawk.

I had just made the cranberry sauce when I set it on the table to cool and I looked up.  This gorgeous
guest to the garden was sitting preening while the other birds were wary.  Simply beautiful.  Click here for a short video of two hawks visiting last week. 
A serious writer is not to be confounded with a solemn writer. A serious writer may be a hawk or a buzzard or even a popinjay, but a solemn writer is always a bloody owl. Ernest Hemingway
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/hawk

Right before Christmas dinner, an observant guest looked out the window and noticed that our visitor was back.  Or perhaps we are the visitors as the hawk was here first!


No comments:

Post a Comment